This project provides $15.8 million in funding to continue implementing the Greenways Master Plan. The Greenways Master Plan is made up of 32 greenway trail projects totaling approximately 158 miles. Per the direction of the Blueprint IA Board, the funding will be allocated annually in installments of $790,000 per year.
Of the 32 projects, five projects totaling approximately 19.5 miles have been prioritized by the IA Board for implementation. Portions of 10 greenways totaling nearly 36 miles are included in larger Blueprint roadway projects. Outside entities including the City of Tallahassee, Leon County, the CRTPA, and private developers currently have actions underway on roughly 18.5 miles of projects. By the end of FY 2025, over 70 miles of Greenways Master Plan projects will be underway or will begin receiving funding.
Each year a proposed work program will be presented to the IA Board for consideration and direction as part of their budget materials.
Blueprint Project Manager: Mike Alfano
Current Status of IA Board Prioritized Greenways Projects
- The Capital Circle Southwest Greenway and Debbie Lightsey Nature Park have had construction services procured
- Blueprint Project Manager: Junious Brown
- Lake Jackson and Lake Jackson South Greenways are combined for implementation and are currently are undergoing design.
- Blueprint Project Manager: Susan Tanski
- Portions of the University Greenway are moving forward with the Airport Gateway project.
- Blueprint Project Manager: Abe Prado
- The Thomasville Road Greenway underwent a feasibility study conducted by the Capital Region Transportation Planning Agency (CRTPA) and was approved for design by the CRTPA Board.
- Portions of the Southwood Trail and Tram Road Trail are being constructed by the City of Tallahassee as part of a leveraging opportunity between the City and Blueprint.